Monday, March 16, 2009

Seeds of Faith


"Faith is like a little seed...if planted it will grow..." (Song from the LDS Childrens' Songbook)

When we landscaped our yard a few years ago we left a nice plot for a garden. Other than a couple of tomato plants, we have never fully used that space. Well, we finally did it! Jon and I (Jon digging, me directing) spent the afternoon sowing seeds of cucumbers, peppers, squash, watermelon, corn, strawberries, and green onions. (We cheated with the tomatoes and bought 3 varieties already 2 feet tall at Costco the other day.) I admit I do not have a green thumb and don't like digging in the dirt (especially after I've just had my nails done)...couldn't find the garden gloves anywhere... But I have to say it felt good to be doing one of the things that our church leaders have always counseled us to do. We wished we'd saved a bigger plot for the garden because we actually had much more we wanted to plant. Of course in a couple of weeks we may be laughing about that if none of our little seeds germinate! Gotta have faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment