Thursday, March 5, 2009

Beginnings

I've been thinking about writing in a blog for at least a year now... I mean it's the hip thing all the young moms are doing now, right? But hey, us moms over 40 are fab, too...so why not?? And maybe besides adding wrinkles and cellulite we've gained some wisdom to share with the younger generation. (Ha!) I often sneak a peak at some of their blogs and say to myself "how do they have time to write in a blog"? And then I remember back to those quiet moments of babies napping and much earlier bedtimes.... when I used to pull out the old Singer sewing machine to sew a new outfit or a floral chintz pillow (circa early 1990's... and does anyone sew anymore?) ... And, yes, even I faithfully took out my journal and painstakingly wrote about every precious moment of my childrens' early years...Well, okay....I confess....the first child I was very consistant....the second...pretty consistant....the third...occasionally consistant...sorry #3 child....I'll get to finishing your baby book someday! And the fourth child? Well, she was a foster child that started living with us when she was 7 and we have now adopted her. (more on that in a later post....) Even though we missed those early years we're making up for lost time with new memories!

So here's to new beginnings....a fresh new blog-journal of random thoughts about life and being a mom to a tweener (I think that's the new word for pre-teen but it's not in the dictionary yet) and three emerging young adults. Where did the years go??

No comments:

Post a Comment