Monday, March 16, 2009

Lemony Fresh!

After several years of growing citrus trees we finally had a good crop this year. Lots of oranges, grapefruits, and lemons, but only one tangerine! (I don't know what happend there.) But I love those lemons!! I brought a handful in the other day and they made the house smell soooo wonderful. Mark noticed the minute he walked in the door and of course he was hoping it was lemon bars or lemon pie he was smelling.... So I jumped on the computer and surfed all my favorite recipe sites for a new lemon recipe. After an hour I had printed out dozens of them and finally decided on a lemon sour cream cake. It was dense, moist, and had lots of lemon zest in it. Today I picked some more and the kitchen is overflowing with lemons...mmmm... maybe my neighbors would like a few. And then I had this brilliant idea... I wonder if putting a lemon in each bathroom would make it smell lemony fresh without having to clean it? It always makes my garbage disposal smell better, so why not? I peeled one a little bit and left it in the bathroom and when I came back later it smelled really good. My housecleaning tip for the day? Company coming and no time to clean the bathroom?? Just hide a couple of lemons in the medicine cabinet or linen closet and bam! Lemony fresh and clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment