Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Josh turns 19 today....

My 3rd son turns 19 today. Without going into the details of his birth, he was a miracle in many ways. I'm so thankful for him and so grateful to be his mom. He has brought such joy to our lives. Here are 19 things about Josh that I love:
1. his big toothy smile/grin
2. his thick mop of hair
3. his little notes and lists that he makes to remind himself of stuff he needs to do (just like I do!)
4. his willingness to always make good choices even when it's hard
5. that he doesn't mind driving his old red Rodeo
6. his homemade (on the computer, of course) cards every Mothers' Day and Christmas
7. his thoughtful, tender prayers
8. his strong testimony and committment to serve a mission
9. that other moms tell me they don't worry about their son/daughter when they are with Josh
10. that I never had to wake him up for school or church or early morning (4am) volleyball practices
11. that he shows good sportsmanship and team spirit and always rallied his teammates whether they were winning or losing
12. that he shares his "crib" (slang for house) with his large circle of friends
13. his delicious sandwiches
14. his amazing videos and his keen eye for special effects (google "Josh Weathers Fast Sunday" and you will find his video on YouTube that he won Best Special Effects for at the Arizona LDS Institute's Academy Awards of Film Night)
15. the cool songs he writes and records
16. that he willingly took a few years of piano lessons (and continues to teach himself)
17. that he tells me dinner was delicious even if it wasn't!
18. his excellent guitar, drum, and harmonica playing... (Ask him to play Billy Joel's "Piano Man" with guitar, harmonica, and singing at the same time!)
19. And last, but not least....that he tells me he loves me every day!!

Wow...am I a lucky mom?! I love you, Josh! At this time next week we will be taking you to the MTC to start the next great adventure in your life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment