Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reflections of Quietness

10 days... no doorbell-ringing teenagers streaming through the front door... politely taking off their shoes of course... no "Hey Sister/Mrs. Weathers, how ya' doing?" as they head down to the basement to hang out... no vibrating floor from the beat of their loud music...no 6-foot boys raiding the pantry looking for junk food to fill up their bottomless pits ... (my grocery bill is substantially less now)... no laughing, screeching, giggly girls and deep rumbling-voiced boys filling the house and yard and pool...

No teenagers to wait up for!! Katelyn is still 11... we have at least a couple of years reprieve. Matt is at BYU-Hawaii... what I don't know I won't worry about. And Jon is fresh home from his mission and still keeping the "early to bed early to rise" schedule. So for now anyway... the doors are locked and lights are out waaaay before midnight...WOW... I might actually get a good nights sleep... and maybe these dark circles under my eyes will finally go away...

And yet... I miss it... and them... almost as much as I miss Josh! They are a part of his life... his happy-go-lucky high school years... good clean cut kids that don't cuss...or drink... girls that dress modestly... kids that stand strong in what they believe! I wouldn't trade that noisy bunch of kids for a quiet house anytime! There were so many that I could never remember all their names. But I thank my lucky stars for them every day. We are so blessed to live in such a great place.

Yep, it sure is quiet around here... oh, and I even miss the piles of shoes...

1 comment:

  1. Man those shoes look like MY family's house (my family with nine kids). Isn't it crazy how life changes so fast? I'm so glad Josh is doing well. I love this blog too! I'm so glad you have one. I'll have to keep coming back to check in with you!

    Love, Shawni

    ReplyDelete