Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Greatest Power for Good is a MOM

Here's what's next on the list of my busy life...

I was nominated and chosen to serve on the executive board of directors for the Arizona American Mothers Association. I will be installed at the State Convention on November 14th. I feel very honored and humbled to be a part of this great organization. The national organization was founded 75 years ago and they own and sponsor Mothers Day. Their main goal is to strengthen the moral and spiritual foundations of the family. My responsibilities (I'm Vice President of Honoring Mothers) will be to find, and with the help of my committee, select the Mother and Young Mother of the Year for Arizona, and organize community events around Mothers Day including the 5th grade essay contest ("Why my mom is special") that the schools do each year. If you want to read more about American Mothers and how you can join a chapter in your area, go to the American Mothers, Inc. website for Arizona or any state or the National one. I truly believe that "Moms are the greatest power for good in the world."

2 comments:

  1. Love your ornaments. We are an independent LDS bookstore in Southern California and are interested in carrying your ornaments. Please contact us at thebookport@gmail.com to discuss.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you continue to amaze me.
    Arizona American Mothers Assoc.
    What next?
    Good job, and thanks for the terrific example.

    ReplyDelete