Monday, September 21, 2009

Fall is in the Air (or is it??)

It is officially FALL... Time to put away the swimsuits and shorts and quit wearing white!! But how do you do that when the forecast for today is 105 degrees?? It doesn't look like or feel like fall around here in AZ! I long for cool autumn days and chilly nights sitting by a cracklin' fire and sipping hot chocolate... and listening to the sounds of leaves rustling in the breeze as they change to colors of blazing oranges and rusty reds... and, darn it, just having enough cool days to wear all those sweaters in my closet before it gets too hot again!!

Don't get me wrong... we love desert living!! In January when half the country is digging themselves out of the snow and scraping ice from their cars, we live outdoors! Yeah, it's only in the fall that I turn a little melancholy watching BYU football games on TV and wishing I was there breathing in the crispness of the mountain air and admiring the beauty all around!

So, as I have for the last 17 years of living in Arizona, I'll hang my fall wreath with fake leaves on the door, I'll put out my fake pumpkins on my front porch (real ones would turn to mush within a week), and I'll fill every nook and cranny inside with some of the same!

Oh, and maybe I'll bake an apple crisp for dessert tonight!

And I guess I could turn the a/c down to 68 degrees and put on a sweater...

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I'm tired of the heat and I want to plant my fall garden. Today it is supposed to be 101 degrees here. I won't be drinking hot chocolate this week. I'm so ready for Fall!!

    ReplyDelete