Monday, May 18, 2009

Invasion of the Giant Zucchinis

We finally see some signs of life (besides tomatoes) in our garden. Peppers are growing (look very closely and you can see several in the picture on the right). The corn is almost 3 feet high. And all of a sudden... hidden under the big leaves... GIGANTIC zucchinis everywhere! I think you're supposed to pick them when they're a little smaller?? I NEVER see ones this big at the grocery store. Maybe it's all that Miracle Grow juice that Jon keeps putting on them. We've grilled them, fried them, baked them and just as I think we've used our last one....surprise... there's more growing! So now I'm shredding them up and freezing them to use later in the year.
Anyone for a zucchini cookie??

1 comment:

  1. You should be proud of the garden! As I read about all your gardening triumphs, I couldn't help remembering all the times I had to choke-down zucchini--in bread, in casseroles, in pudding. I bet you make some delicious zucchini bread.

    ReplyDelete